Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas Decorations

My Christmas decorations are out! This year I did less than normal because of the small children that live with me. I've been fortunate to be handed down most of my decorations. I do like to buy a new wreath and poinsettias every year from our local farmer's market. 

Our tree was decorated by our children. I didn't even unwrap one breakable ornament. The ornaments around the bottom half of the tree are moved around (pulled off) daily, and the tree skirt and presents are never in place.
I also like the idea of Christmas crafts, but I don't want one that is too labor intensive or messy. So one day while James napped, Millie and I made these cute little Christmas trees.
 We went strolling around the neighborhood to find good pine cones. Millie doesn't love to stroll, so this was a good excuse to get a good walk in. We found some good cones right down the street, towards the end of our walk (this was before J's nap).
I found the colored dots at Hobby Lobby, but I'm sure they are at any craft store. I would put a dot of Elmer's glue on the pine cone, and Millie would pick her colored dot of choice to place on there. If one fell too far in the cone, I used a toothpick to help guide it to the right spot. 

My mom made both of these stockings. We will get J's name on his for next Christmas! 
Millie made this at our church's preschool cookie bake. Her baked cookies disappeared quickly. 

This year we started our own snow village. We are starting with two pieces, and we hope to add one every Christmas. We chose a church that looks a little like our own church and Nick's Tree Farm.

Next I'll be sharing some of the Christmas books we've been enjoying this season!

1 comment:

  1. Your home is just wonderful, Lucy - love everything you've done and love that Millie is such a great helper!

    ReplyDelete