Thursday, January 29, 2015

Our New Bedroom

Last year one of my goals was to re-do our bedroom. 


This is how it has looked for the past 5 years. 


I took these pictures a long time ago. So I apologize for how blurry/grainy they look.


I admit it. I am not good at decorating. 


I've made some mistakes in the past.


I bought our quilt from Pottery Barn. A few months ago the quilt started ripping in several places. That's when I knew I had to take action. By the way, it didn't rip because of poor quality. We've had it a long time, and it was time to make a change.


So with some help from my sister, pinterest, and Christmas money, we re-did our room.


I say 'we,' but all I did was order stuff from the internet. 


Nick did all the hard stuff. 


He moved all the furniture, scraped and painted the ceiling, painted the walls and trim, pulled up carpet and put in new floors. He also hung the TV, and he put in a new fan. 


He did all of this in about 4 days.


He did an amazing job! 


I think it looks fantastic!


Since our room looks and feels more like a 'grown up's room,' it makes me enjoy the rest of my house more. It makes the house feel more complete.


This winter makes 6 years in this house. It was about time our room looked decent.


The stand up lamp in the corner is from my grandmother's house, and I don't want to get rid of it because it reminds me of her. She would have been 91 this month. However, if I find an affordable stand up lamp that I really like, then I'll put this one in another room and put the pretty one in our room.



We are still working on artwork. We will hang this cotton picture somewhere, I'm just not sure where. Any suggestions?



I'm still playing around with the pillows. 


 I bought the curtains from Pottery Barn. The best part about these is that they are also blackout curtains. Our neighbor's carport light can shine right in our room. These curtains help so much! They are the best for a Sunday afternoon nap. 



The white quilt is from Khols. I wanted one from Garrnett Hill, but I got a cheaper one that looked just like the one I wanted. The big linen pillow shams are also from Pottery Barn. 


Nick also braved Ikea on one of his Atlanta work trips to get me the linen duvet cover. The whole bed is so much more comfortable now, and I especially love the duvet cover. 


And my mom found the beautiful rug. It is one of my favorite things in the room. We also recently got this desk from Nick's aunt.


Above our bed I'm getting this picture framed. My good friend Jessica took it last March. 


We took it at our church. I don't think I ever shared the rest of these pictures. I'll try to do it soon. They are so good!

Here are some final before and after comparisons. 




I absolutely love it! 


These guys are enjoying it too!

Up next I'll show you our new closet!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Lucy - these are just wonderful. Nick (and you and SB and pinterest) did an amazing job. And I loved seeing Chuck's lamp. It brought tears to my eyes but good memories too. I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very nice! Please, please tell me where your mom found that fabulous rug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She got it at a rug show where she lives! There is an antique store that holds shows every couple of months. They have beautiful things.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Your room now looks so much better after the revamp. You chose a great color for the paint, and the result turned looking so sophisticated. It also looks cozier now because of the lights. You sure did a great job for achieving this lovely room! Take care!


    Cecilia Hammond @ Pro Active Residential

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a very good job with rearranging and redecorating it! That slight change certainly made your bedroom look better, and it really emphasized the focal point of the room – the bed. Adding the rug was a nice touch, as its design complemented the walls really well. Thanks for sharing!

    Dante Storey @ Healthy Bed Store

    ReplyDelete