Thursday, December 3, 2009

Give Thanks

Thanksgiving reminds me of this song:
Give thanks with a grateful heart,
Give thanks to the Holy One;
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son

And now let the weak say, "I am strong,"
Let the poor say, "I am rich," because of what the Lord has done for us.
Give thanks with a grateful heart,

Give thanks to the Holy One;
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son.
Give thanks, give thanks.

After our New Orleans trip we drove to my hometown to spend Thanksgiving Day. Like I've said before, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Everybody can do what they wish in the morning, watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, hunt, cook, etc. I prefer to watch the parade. This is actually one of my favorite things! I love to see what Broadway plays will be showing, the movie stars and musicians that will appear, and of course, the large balloons. I watch the entire parade without missing a single performance or balloon. However, this year while watching the parade, NBC just stopped playing in Greenville, MS. I was mad. My favorite part of Thanksgiving that I've been looking forward to for weeks was ruined. My mom even called the cable company to complain (this is not the first time NBC has shut down during an important showing), but the complaining didn't really help. Fortunately, I was able to watch it live on the Internet. The parade was as good as always! After thinking that the worst part of my day was not seeing 25 minutes of the parade, I realized just how much I have to be thankful for this year. I am thankful with a grateful heart!

While I enjoyed my morning of parade watching and coffee drinking, Nick was out hunting. He woke at 4:45 a.m. to sit in the woods. Nobody else wanted to hunt with him, but he was going no matter what. Well, he was successful! He killed a 9-point deer after sitting in the stand for less than an hour. He was so excited! My dad had dropped him off, and he was able to take these pictures when he went back to get Nick. This made his Thanksgiving! He is thankful with a grateful heart too!

After our successful morning, we headed to the lake (our cousin's cabin on Lake Chicot in Lake Village, AR). This is only a 15 minute drive from our house. It was a beautiful day, and we thouroughly enjoyed ourselves. We had a wonderful turkey along with green bean casserole, crab and rice casserole, dressing, sweet potatoes, rolls, and gravy to top everything off. We all ate too much, and I didn't even mention dessert. Then we enjoyed visiting by the fire. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because I enjoy good food, family, and relaxation, and you don't have to worry about all the gift giving.

The setting of our Thanksgiving feast, the Archer's cabin

Our beautiful turkey


Nick getting a second round of food
It was a beautiful day!


The MozingosMollie's photo shoot! Isn't she cute?! And she is soon to be a big sister!
Nick and me. I love this picture becasue it captures the fall season so well!
Sitting by the fire after the big meal
The Brown siblings
Mollie fishing
While sitting outside, listening to the radio, mamma wanted to dance (she danced last year too). At the moment my dad was unavailable, so she convinced Lollie to dance with her.

Soon daddy came out and cut in on Lollie.
What a wonderful day!
I hope your Thanksgiving was as good as mine!
Now, on to Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Lucy -- Fabulous, fabulous pictures. What a great holiday for all of you!

    And HOORAY for Nick and his buck!!

    Loved seeing y'all in NOLA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is my favorite post yet. Makes me feel like I was there. Mama and Lollie are so cute dancing too! he he.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope that i am spontaneously breaking out into dance around a fire during thanksgiving when i am our parents' age... i want to be your mom. oh and you left out the best part of your thanksgiving week....

    ReplyDelete