Monday, February 28, 2011

Candy Candy

I have been craving some sweets! So I copied Ina Garten and made some candy. And it is to die for! I could eat it all in one night. Maybe this is why I failed my glucose test today. So now I have to take the 3 hour test to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes. I'm not really worried. Maybe I should just limit my candy intake.

First get your candy toppings ready. I used pecans, dried apricots, and dried cranberries. I chopped the pecans and apricots into small pieces. These need to be ready before you melt the chocolate.

Then pour white chocolate into a glass bowl. Heat it in the microwave for 30 second increments until nice and smooth.
Pour the chocolate out on some parchment paper. Ina does hers in a perfect rectangle, but I think it is more fun not to be perfect. Just spread the chocolate out into a thin layer using a rubber spatula.
Pour on your toppings! Add whatever you want.
Ina uses pistachios.
I like pecans.
My mom uses cashews.

Pour the toppings on right after the chocolate is spread out. You don't want it to hardened before you get all the goodies on. After all toppings are on, gently press down on them to make sure they stick to the chocolate. Doesn't it look pretty?

Let it sit for at least 15 minutes. You can even put it in the refrigerator to hardened faster. Once it has hardened, break it into pieces, and eat!
This could also be done with milk chocolate and toppings can be changed to your liking. However, if you leave out the apricots, you will be missing out big time!

It is divine!

2 comments: