Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cupcakes and Cousins

I made some cupcakes the other day. I think they are my new favorites. And of course it is a Pioneer Woman's recipe. All of her stuff is awesome.
Click HERE to get all the details. This link is to the icing, but I also made the cake she suggested. It was a chocolate sheet cake recipe with white icing that the PW calls 'the best frosting I've ever had.' And I agree!

I made these cupcakes to celebrate the Spooners' birthdays! Both Grande and Sister had birthdays in the past week. Happy Late Birthday!

But I didn't really need an excuse to make cupcakes.

I did make these cupcakes without a big mess.
If you put the batter in a measuring cup, or any cup with a spout, it is much easier to pour the batter into the cupcake pan. This was a lot cleaner (and easier) than trying to spoon in the batter and spilling it everywhere.
 Other people may already know this, but I'm glad to just be figuring it out.
I could spend all night trying to center the above picture, but it just won't work. Sorry. 

On Monday, I kept all of these kiddos. 
 They are really silly when they are together.
 They follow each other around.
   I think they really like each other.
 These girls had on matching hearts.
 It's fun to have your cousins near by.
Millie even went over to their house later that night. I think she missed them. 

We made Swedish Meatballs tonight. 
It's was an experiment. 
And it was really good. 
I'll share the recipe soon.  
I'm off to watch Disc 2 of Downton Abbey.

2 comments:

  1. Love how you removed all the itmes from the bottom shelves! Smart Aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy - the cupcakes look wonderful, but I LOVED seeing SS, LB, and Millie. What great photos. I wish I could see them more often. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete