Thursday, February 14, 2013

Back to Normal

Happy Valentine's Day!
Here is one of my Valentine's. The other one is at work. I bought that balloon on Saturday, and it has provided great entertainment. I don't really get into Valentine's Day. Nick and I don't exchange presents or go out to eat. I would rather celebrate big for our anniversary. However, Valentine's Day can be sweet, and Millie and I will probably share some Reese's later. 

And if you think that outfit looks familiar, you are right. 
It was our Christmas outfit. You just replace the Christmas tree with the heart. Isn't that cute?

Our routine was off a little this week because Nick was gone from Friday to Tuesday. He went skiing with his dad in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. They had a  good time. Jackson Hole is a beautiful place. It is cold, but beautiful. 
I felt like he was gone a lot longer than four nights. Millie was good, but it can be a challenge to be in charge of her day and night with no relief. Sunday morning alone was about to put me over the edge. I was supposed to be at church early. Of course, I was the last one there. Then Millie fell on the sidewalk three times just trying to get in the church doors. All afternoon I would see her legs and say, "your poor knees." Then she would rub them and say, "my knees, my knees." They weren't that bad. I just felt bad for rushing her. Thankfully my mom came to rescue me on Sunday afternoon. I know I couldn't have made it to Tuesday night by myself. Thanks Lovie.

Also while Nick was gone, my house looked like this. 

Remember when we got our foundation fixed back in October? Well, we finally got all those cracks fixed. I'm thankful to have a contractor for a brother-in-law. He was able to help us get this done quickly. While the guys were here, they also scraped off our popcorn ceiling in the kitchen and laundry room. We would like it gone from every room, but we didn't have time for that right now.

All the stuff on our dining room table is from the pantry that is still in process of being finished. The workers put up sheet rock for the pantry, and Nick is going to build the shelves and put up the doors this weekend.

Dust from sanding and scraping is everywhere. I'll be dusting and swiffering for days. But I am excited to see how it all turns out. I'll show the before and after pictures when all of this is finished.

I feel like our lives are getting back to normal now that Nick is home, and I can easily access my kitchen. Also while he was gone, it did not stop raining. We had already gotten over 5 inches of rain on Monday, and it didn't stop until Wednesday morning. It put me in a bad mood. Hopefully after this weekend I'll have a cleaner and more organized house along with some sunshine.

I hope you and your Valentine have a good day no matter how you celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment