Wednesday, December 1, 2010

T-Day!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Nick and I spent Thanksgiving in Mississippi. We had a grand time. We celebrated Thanksgiving with Nick's family on Wednesday afternoon, and then we headed to my parents' house Wednesday night.

Thursday started out with one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! I love to watch the parade, no matter who tries to make fun of all the characters dancing around. My favorite parts are the Broadway plays and the Rockettes. I watched the entire parade in my pj's. It was great!

For our Thanksgiving celebration we headed to my cousins' lake house in Arkansas (about 20 minutes from my house). It was such a nice day full of family, food, and relaxation.
We ended our Thanksgiving holiday in Mississippi with the Iron Bowl. For the non-football, or non-Auburn football fans, the Iron Bowl is when Auburn plays Alabama (our biggest rival). It was a good game after Auburn starting playing well. Nick was so mad when we were down 21-0 that he left and went hunting. He ended up listening to the end of the game in the truck, and of course we watched the re-run on Sunday. What a game! War Eagle!

On another Auburn football note, Cam Newton has been cleared. There were accusations that Miss. State offered him money, so Auburn was accused of the same thing. It was all anyone could talk about over here. Everyone was saying he was ineligible to play and our victories would not count. However, today, the NCAA cleared Miss. State, Auburn, and Cam! I never doubted Cam or Auburn for a second! On to the SEC Championship!

2 comments:

  1. Lucy -- your photos are absolutely wonderful. Thanks for posting all of them. It looks like a grand T'giving... and WAR EAGLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the photos as well as the holiday together.

    ReplyDelete