Thursday, August 25, 2011

Photographing My Life

I've been trying to come up with a new name for the blog for a while. I didn't really like the original name 'The Freeman Club.' To come up with a new name, I tried to think about my reasons for having a blog. My main reason for blogging is to remember the big and little things in life. I do not have a good memory, and I am not a good scrap-booker. I'm not going to forget Millie's birth, but it is fun to have the photos of meeting her for the first time.



The blog is also a good way of sharing our lives with friends and family who live out of town. Having the blog allows me to save all my memories and photos in one place, and I hope to print it all out into a book some day.



As for the name, when I was younger my mom would say, "you can live your life or photograph your life." My mom, who never takes pictures, chose to live her life. I chose to photograph mine. Therefore, since I chose this lifestyle, and my blog is my virtual scrapbook of those photos, I decided to name the blog "Photographing My Life."
I'm not promising to never change the name again, but I think it suits for now.



As for today's photo:

All the pictures from baby showers, Millie's birth, and her first month of life



I said I took a lot of pictures. I didn't say I was speedy at organizing them.


3 comments:

  1. I love your mom's view of living life instead of photographing it! I am always torn between taking pictures or just enjoying the moment. Sometimes I just don't feel like lugging my big camera around. Other times, I'm sad when I don't have a picture to remember a fun time...definitely a quandary at times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very appropriate and fitting name for your blog! You are so good at getting pictures printed. I don't have single on printed of Laurie. It's shameful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you do a good job of living and photographing!! I, for one, am sure glad you have such great photos!!

    ReplyDelete