Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Real Simple Pasta

Have I mentioned that REAL SIMPLE is my favorite magazine?



I read it from cover to cover



I always have mixed feeling about their recipes.



For example, in a special 'party dip' article, the red pepper, walnut, and tahini dip doesn't sound as appealing as the pimiento cheese dip. However, I did try the spinach and white bean dip, and it was not good. Some recipes are good, and others are a disappointment.



I did find a good pasta dish in July's magazine. Click HERE to see the original recipe. I added chicken and garlic, and I used angel hair pasta because it was in my pantry.



Pasta with Goat Cheese and Basil Oil



You will need:

pasta

3 cups of fresh basil

1/2 cup olive oil

4 ounces of crumbled goat cheese

1 garlic clove, minced (more if you like more garlic)

salt and pepper



Directions:

Cook chicken. We cooked ours on the stove. You could grill the chicken or buy a rotisserie chicken from the store.
Cook pasta and drain.Combine 2 cups of fresh basil leaves with 1/2 cup of olive oil and minced garlic in a blender.

Blend until smooth and pour through a fine-mesh sieve. Discard solids.

Toss the basil oil and pasta together. Add chicken, goat cheese, and fresh basil.Season with salt and pepper to your liking.

This would also make a good side dish if you don't add the chicken.



Next I would like to try their flaky tomato and mozzarella tart using puff pastry. Recipe found HERE. Let's hope this is a good one to try.

1 comment: