Tuesday, September 13, 2011

French Fries

I don't really like Rachael Ray's cooking show on the Food Network, but I sometimes watch her talk show on ABC in the mornings.

Not every morning.
Just like once a week or so.

She taught me a new (and I think better) way to cook fries.

First cut up fries and toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper.

Place one of those cooling racks used to cool cookies and cupcakes on a baking sheet. Place the fries on the rack. This allows the fries to bake more evenly, and it makes the fries crispier. In other words, the fries are so soggy. This was a problem I've been having. You may not have this problem.
Place fries in a preheated 400 degree oven and bake for about 30 minutes.

Take the fries out, and turn the oven up to 425 degrees. Don't put fries back in until oven has reached desired temp.

Before you put fries back in oven you could toss them with garlic or herbs for more flavor. Leave fries in 425 oven for 15-20 minutes until your desired crispiness.
Mine look a little burnt, but they weren't. They were crispy on the outside and a little soft on the inside. Just the way I like them.

*cook longer for crispier fries

Her official recipe can be found HERE. She has a few more helpful tips about cutting up fries and such.

1 comment:

  1. When I come to visit you, Nick, and Millie, I want to have these fries! They look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete