Monday, September 10, 2012

MS State

This past weekend we went to Starkville for the Auburn/Mississippi State game. We also went to get our Millie back. Millie was in Greenville from Monday to Saturday. Thank God for IPhones because Lovie would send me pictures of Millie throughout the week. We missed her so much! However, we also enjoyed ourselves. I enjoyed running errands, exercising, cleaning, watching TV, and resting. Nick and I were also able to go out to dinner one night and lunch one day. We had a good week, but we are glad she is home. Thanks again Lovie and Doc.

Back to Starkville. Nick and I got a hotel room for the weekend. We booked it a little late, and found the only room left in town. Americas Best Value Inn. We went expecting the worse. All the reviews were bad. But we really wanted to go.
So we took our own sheets, bed spread, pillows, towels, candle, and lysol.

Taking your own sheets really makes you feel cleaner. I might start doing it for every hotel.

We survived.

Now on to Saturday. Nick's family has always been Mississippi State fans. When Nick and his twin brother decided to go to Auburn, Nick's loyalty changed. He still pulls for State unless they are playing Auburn (most of the time). So we spent most of the game at his sister's tailgate with his family before walking around to see our State friends.
Aunt Lauren
 Cousin Carsten
 My favorite part of her outfit....the panties
 We tried to convert our cousin. 
 Attempt at mother daughter photo
The only picture I got with some of our friends we ran into.

We got to see a lot of friends both from Auburn and State. I wanted to take a picture with my friends, but I forgot. We were so glad to see so many people. I even had a man stop me and ask my name because "I look just like my mother." It turns out he went to med-school with my dad. We saw old high school friends, family, and old family friends. Nick and I had a really good weekend.

This game weekend is also special to Nick and me becasue thanks to a high school friend, Elizabeth Anne, Nick and I met eight years ago in Starkville. We were both freshman in college, and we had both come to the AU/State game. At the Greenville tailgate EA was talking to someone in an Auburn shirt. She turned and yelled my name. Then she said, "do you know him? He goes to Auburn." That guy turned out to be Nick. He called me month later, and the rest is history.

So I didn't really mind the loss to State Saturday. I had a better time tailgating and reminiscing. Win or lose, this is how we all still feel about Auburn.
WAR EAGLE!

1 comment:

  1. Love all of these andn especially the ones of Millie! I can't pick my favorite. What a doll she is. WAR EAGLE! (And I worked at that other 'bama school.)

    ReplyDelete