Friday, January 11, 2013

A New Year

We had a lazy New Years. We went to bed about 9:30. The next day we ate some black eyed pea dip and greens because it's tradition. I might have stayed in my pajamas all day. Actually, I put on some blue jeans when the Spooners came over for some dip.
Millie on New Year's Day

This year has started out with a few home repairs. 

Last week Nick discovered we had a leak in our front yard. He dug for days. He finally found the pipe, went to Lowe's, and fixed the leak. He had to dig about 4 feet deep to get to the pipe. He said he dug the last bit with just his hands. 
After the leak in the yard was fixed, he came in to find one of our toilets was broken. He went back to Lowe's and fixed the toilet. Then a few hours later we discovered the motor in our garbage disposal quit. Another trip to Lowe's, and we had a working garbage disposal.

We are also doing some renovating to our kitchen. We are making a bigger pantry, getting a new oven, dishwasher, painting, and new lighting. It is all very exciting!
This was Stephen cutting our tile. Earlier this week Nick cut out the rest of the cabinet under the stove. We replaced the stove top with a stove/oven combo. The oven arrived yesterday, and Nick stayed up late last night to hook it up. I cooked an egg on it this morning. I no longer have to light our stove top with a lighter. It is awesome! I'm going to wait for a few more updates before I show some before and after pictures. 

I'm so thankful for a handy husband (and brother-in-law).

My mom left this morning after being here all week. Nick and I went out to dinner one night and saw Les Mis. It was wonderful. Sad story, but good movie. I also went to Target by myself and took my time looking around. It was nice not having to carry or chase Millie around the store. Thanks Lovie. 

Millie and I just got back from having lunch with some friends at Chick-fil-a. It was good! Millie fell asleep before we got out of the parking lot. I might take a nap now too. And Nick just got came home early, and he might start working on the kitchen. Whoo! 

I hope you have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You are so fortunate to have such a handy husband! My New Years was quiet too... in bed by 9:00! That's the way to go.

    ReplyDelete