Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas

This year we celebrated Christmas a little differently. This was the first time in our entire lives that Nick and I have not been in Mississippi on Christmas Day. We weren't sad about it. Just stating a fact. We actually looked forward to staying home this Christmas. Due to the birth of George, my parents and brother came to us. We loved having everybody here. 

One difference was that we did a big dinner and opened presents on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas day. 
 We still did the crackers, and we tried to wear out crowns as long as we could.
 Millie ripped mine off my head pretty quickly.
The only down side to Christmas Eve was that it was too hot to build a fire. Instead we had to turn on the air conditioner.
 Lovie tried to get a picture with all the babies. Millie would not cooperate.
 She was not in the picture taking mood.
 Beef tenderloin was the star of the dinner.
 Pots de Creme a l'Orange was dessert. I wrote about the recipe back in February here.
 These boys won for wearing their crowns the longest and for cleaning the kitchen.
 Once the crowd left and Millie went to sleep, Santa brought out Millie's gifts.

Now on to Christmas day!
Doc likes to get the babies out of their cribs. 
 Millie got a few presents (and movies) that she needed.
 She squealed with delight every time the paper ripped.
Santa brought her a grocery cart, play food, Lady and the Tramp, Cinderella, a new dress and several bath toys.
She got some letters and numbers that stick to the side of the tub, and she took two long baths on Christmas day. She really likes the bath toys.
My family left before the storm got too bad. We spent the rest of the afternoon lounging around watching movies.
I have no photos of Christmas night. We went to my sister's and enjoyed our annual cheeseburgers and fries. I have written about previous Jimmy Buffet Christmases here , here, and here.
Even though we were not in our traditional Christmas locations or celebrated in our usual ways, we had a wonderful Christmas. We loved being in our own home. I loved putting presents out for Millie and watching her enjoy them. I love being around my family. And I love that God sent His Son to earth to be our Savior.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. On to New Years!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post. Millie is so darling. And I LOVE your hair, Lucy. It's a great length for you.

    ReplyDelete