Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Trust

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths." Proverbs 3: 5 and 6.

This has been my favorite Bible verse since I was a little girl. It comforts me almost daily.

Like the rest of the country, my heart is broken over what happened in Connecticut.

We live in a broken and sinful world.

Living in fear is not an option. You can't just stay in your house all the time. You have to go to the grocery store; you have to go to work; you have to keep living. The only hope we have is in Christ. We have to trust Him all the time.

Jesus' birth is so important. I've been reading the scripture from Jesse's Tree (found on this blog or this website), and it is amazing how Jesus' family line came to be. God is in total control. Just because we don't always understand, that doesn't mean we should question Him. Instead we should praise Him, and pray for Him to help us understand and trust Him more.

When I was teaching, one of my students was caught with a gun right before he was coming to my class. It was 7th period. That means he had the gun all day. He said he had it to protect himself from another student. That gun was so close to walking in my classroom. I have no idea if he would have chosen my math class at the end of the day to finally pull it out. I have also been in a lock-down situation twice, and I was scared both times. I can't even imagine how scared those children and teachers were on that terrible day. I am thankful  for my safety throughout my teaching years.

I am also thankful for this precious baby, and I pray for comfort and peace for all those families affected by last week's shooting.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Lucy. And Millie is too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Lu.

    Glad that guy who said "did that little woman back there give me a zero?" did not get violent.

    ReplyDelete