Friday, June 28, 2013

Internet Finidings

My recent Internet findings:
This is an excellent article by a worn out mother on 'The Gospel Coalition' blog. 

My favorite part was this paragraph:
The truth is, motherhood is hard, and we can't do it on our own. As John Piper wrote in A Godward Life, "I need help. Always. In everything. I am simply kidding myself if I think I can move an inch without God's help." Just as we cannot live without water, we cannot do anything apart from Christ, including motherhood. "Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing (John 15:5).

I suggest checking out this blog if you haven't seen it before. I think Tim Keller is involved with it, and it provides Christian views on recent events and family issues.

2. When shopping on the Internet, shipping will kill you. Well not kill you, but it kills the idea of the discount you thought you were getting when you received the email that said everything was 50% off.

For example, I got an email that said everything at Ann Taylor Loft is 50% off. I'm not buying clothes right now, but the last Loft necklace I bought was a great success. So I go to buy this one:
Instead of truly being 50% off, it was only $10 off (which was only 25% off) after shipping was included. I bought it anyways. Nick asked me why I wanted it, and I told him that some cute jewelry can make bad clothes look better. And until I get back to normal size, I'll be wearing the same few outfits that fit from now until brother is probably one. Just kidding. Hopefully I'll be in some cute clothes before then!

I had the same feeling about these shoes from Amazon.com (I couldn't get the picture to work on here). They are only $13! I thought, for $13 how can I pass these up? I have been looking for some wedges anyways. But then I see that these don't qualify for free shipping, and the shipping was almost as much as the shoes. I didn't like the shoes enough to get them for $25. While $25 is still cheap for a pair of shoes,  it bothered me that the shipping was as much as the shoes. My feet will probably start swelling soon anyways, and then I wouldn't be able to wear them. I'll just wait for some fun fall finds.

3. Do you remember the colorful stuffed eggs I made for Easter? Well you can do the same for the 4th! This is from the Plain Chicken blog.


4. Thanks to this post on James Farmer's blog, I'm thinking about this for Millie's twin bed.
It is from IKEA. I didn't know they had bedding. What do you think? The tan one looked good on his bed. But like I said in the last post, I'm not rushing. I just like to look at a lot of different options and styles. 

5. This morning the Today Show was saying that binge TV watching is the new way to watch TV shows. And I think it is true. We are definitely binge TV watchers by using Netflix. 

6. I heard Rick and Bubba talking about this book the other day. 
I'm thinking about getting it. This is the summary according to Amazaon.com: This book presents in a profound way how the Bible reflects the true nature of reality. Reliable Truth is about seeing the world as it is while debunking the myths, legends, and false beliefs about the Bible.

It never hurts to know more facts that validate the Bible and allow you to defend it to unbelievers. On the radio show, the author was sharing how a lot of people who don't believe the Bible don't really know much about it to begin with. As someone who does believe the Bible, I need to know everything I can about it and Jesus. From what I gather, this book shares some of the historical facts that surround the Bible and disproves some of the myths non-believers often think of when it comes to the Bible and Christianity. 

I hope you are having a good Friday. I am about to enjoy a restful rainy afternoon. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hope your Friday was restful. I love the necklace! I'm with you on the shipping costs but I still like the convenience of online shopping.

    ReplyDelete